The last two months have flown by in a flurry of cakes that has left me
feeling in need of a vacation! Last weekend, I purchased a Kitchenaid
Professional Stand Mixer (in Empire Red - it's the most beautiful kitchen
appliance I've ever seen!) and I'm absolutely going crazy wanting to try it out
for the first time... maybe this weekend!!
As for current cake flavor inspirations, here's a whole new list of flavors
I'd like to attempt sometime soon! I don't know how I'd choose which flavor to try first though...
1. Mudslide - milk chocolate cake brushed with espresso and drizzled with chocolate syrup and iced with a Bailey's and Kahlua flavored buttercream.
2. Chocolate Covered Cherries Cake - Chocolate cake layers brushed with maraschino cherry syrup filled with whipped chocolate-maraschino cherry ganache and iced in maraschino cherry buttercream
3. Elvis – Four banana cake layers with alternating layers of peanut butter mousse and milk chocolate buttercream
4. Framboise Pistachio Sponge Cake brushed with Raspberry Syrup and iced in Vanilla Buttercream with fresh raspberries and raspberry preserves
5. Mayan Hot Chocolate Cake - Almond cake filled with milk chocolate mousse and iced in vanilla buttercream with a hint of cinnamon.
6. Almond Amaretto White Chocolate- Almond cake filled with Amaretto white chocolate mousse filling and iced in white chocolate buttercream.
7. Banana Split - Banana cake layers topped with strawberry buttercream, a drizzle of chocolate, sprinkle of nuts and cherries.
8. Cherries Jubilee - Vanilla cake brushed with brandy and filled with alternating layers of rich vanilla buttercream and brandied cherries buttercream.
9. Tiger Tail Cake - Orange cake marbled with black cake flavored with anise (black licorice) topped with orange buttercream.
10. Candied Apple Cake - Caramel cake filled with caramelized apples and
vanilla cream mousse iced in cinnamon-scented vanilla buttercream.
In the midst of all the cakes I've been doing lately, we had a potluck lunch
at work for which I made a chocolate espresso cheesecake with mocha whipped cream. I tried to do a floral design on the top with cocoa powder for the first time. I didn't get to try any of this cheesecake though, as it disappeared very quickly!
This blog will follow my adventures with cake, pastry and all things sweet!